Tourism & Hospitality Safety Training
Over the past 6 years, MTEC has trained close to 5000 people in safety. We know that as a result of this safety training, many businesses in the hospitality, tourism and retail industries in Manitoba have safer workplaces for their employees.
Although we are no longer funded by SAFE Manitoba, MTEC feels that safety in the workplace is vitally important to the industry, especially because the hospitality industry is where 5 times more youth get their first jobs than any other industry.
Unfortunately, without the funding, we are no longer be able to offer complimentary safety training and services.
As of April 1, 2016, MTEC will independently offer safety training customized for the tourism, hospitality and retail industries in Manitoba on a fee for service basis. We are a not-for-profit organization and will deliver our safety training at the lowest rates possible.
TOURISM & HOSPITALITY SAFETY COURSES AVAILABLE:
- AED Empowerment
- Building Your Safety & Health Program
- Emergency First Aid & CPR Level C with AED
- Emergency Preparedness
- Ergonomics in the Workplace - Practicable Solutions
- Food Handler Certification
- Incident Investigation, Inspections & Documentation
- Job Hazard Analysis/Safe Work Procedure
- New Worker Orientation Basics
- Occupational Safety and Health Basics
- Respectful Workplaces
- Safe Knife Handling
- Safety Committee/Representative Basics
- Supervisor/Manager Roles and Responsibilities
- Violence/Harassment Awareness
- WHMIS 1988
- WHMIS 2015
- WHMIS 2015 (Complete)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Safety Basics