In accordance with the City of Winnipeg Food Service By-law:
- No person shall operate a food service establishment unless the person in charge has successfully completed the certified food handler training program.
- Food service establishments with less than five (5) food handlers must have a person on staff who has successfully completed the certified food handler training program.
- Food Service establishments with more than five (5) food handlers working at any one times must have a person who has successfully completed the certified food handler training program ON DUTY at all times.
Who should attend?
- All owners, managers and supervisors of food service establishments.
- All food service personnel who are responsibile for the receiving, preparing and serving of food.
Microbiology - basic introduction to food microbiology.
Foodborne Illness - common foodborne illnesses, their causes and preventative methods.
Health and Hygiene - proper personal hygienic practices and good health.
Serving and Dispensing - proper techniques for food service and display.
Food Protection - safe food preparation and handling procedures.
Receiving and Storage - Factors involved in receiving and storing food.
Cleaning and Sanitizing - correct dishwashing facilities, techniques, approved sanitizer and proper utensil storage.
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Cost: $115 + GST
NOTE: three business days notice is required for a refund.
For more information or to register please contact us at 204-957-7437 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org