Reporting to the Floor Manager, the Bartender is responsible for preparing beverages and serving customers where required in the Casinos food service areas. The incumbent will provide exceptional customer service while adhering to Manitoba liquor laws and Manitoba Lotteries bar procedures.
· Opening Duties: prepare bar area, retrieve and verify daily float, ensure equipment is working properly, count beer inventory and record numbers on draft taps, check the daily specials and wine list, review any changes with servers, etc.
·Beverage and Food Service: take food and beverage orders and serve accordingly, prepare drink orders for servers, provide menus to customers in the lounge and inform them of any specials, clean bar and tables and stock bar throughout shift, prepare customer bills, accept and process payment, complete requisitions for alcohol replenishment and forward to Floor Manager, etc.
· Closing Duties: cash out, balance and complete deposit of sales as per policy and procedures, point liquor bottles and record on point sheet, count beer inventory, bring dish bins to dish pit station, run glassware through dishwasher, clean dishwasher and filters, etc.
·Encourage a climate that supports diversity.
·Other duties as assigned.
· Six (6) months previous experience as a bartender or preparing a variety of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages.
·Capable of lifting/carrying weight up to fifty (50) pounds.
·The core competencies for this position include Customer Service, Teamwork and Cooperation, Communication, Self Development and Initiative, Valuing Diversity, Integrity and Building Trust, Achieving Quality Results and Technical/Professional Knowledge. These competencies are deemed important for the success of the position and organization.
·bility to work a variety of shifts based on the requirements of a twenty-four (24) hour per day, seven (7) day per week operation.
· Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
·Completed or ability to complete an “Serving it Safe” certificate through the Manitoba Tourism and Education Council; however, may be acquired on the job.
· Completion of a Bartending or Hospitality course.
· Training in customer service, wine education and serving etiquette.
The Manitoba Lotteries Policy on Employment of Immediate Family Members may be a factor in the screening/selection process.
Testing may form part of the screening/selection process.
Employment Equity will be a factor in the recruitment process.
Preference will be given to applicants already in the MGEU Food & Beverage bargaining unit.
Salary: Underfill $11.80 per hour
Rate $12.36 per hour (MGEU Food & Beverage)
Location: McPhillips Station Casino
How to Apply
Individuals should apply by completing our online application form at www.manitobalotteries.com or by submitting a resume and application to:
In Person: 983 St. James Street
Club Regent Casino – 1425 Regent Avenue West
McPhillips Station Casino – 484 McPhillips Street
Mail: Human Resources
983 St. James Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0X2
All applications are due by December 12, 2012.
We thank all interested applicant, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
View More Jobs