That's Just Plain Rude! Modern Guidelines for Civility at Work
Whether it’s email rudeness, unprofessional dress, poor service attitude or ineffective communication skills, incivility at work directly impacts our self-esteem, our relationships, our health and our productivity. And, in a work-world where downsizing, recession, labour shortages, demographic and other issues are common, rudeness sometimes becomes bullying and aggression. Is it too much to expect people to mind their manners? Is there hope for kindness and civility at work? Bring along your toughest workplace civility issue and learn about behavourial accountability, the costs of rudeness, and strategies for increasing civility at work.
After attending this session, participants will be better able to:
- Recognize barriers to civility
- Understand the “business priority” and how it impacts civility at work
- Identify the line where rudeness becomes just plain meanness
- Keep their own rudeness in check; assessing habits that can cost their reputation and the respect of others
- Adopt strategies for addressing rudeness (and even bullying) among co-workers
There is currently no scheduled dates available for this course.