Service Excellence for Chinese Visitors Part 1
This course is delivered over two half-days.
Not only are our communities, schools, and workplaces becoming more and more culturally diverse; but so are our customers. With Manitoba’s high immigration rate, tourism businesses are servicing a diverse pool of customers on an everyday basis. In 2009, Canada was granted Approved Destination Status with China. As a result, this should encourage more Chinese visitors to come to Canada and Manitoba. The question is –Are we ready? Are tourism businesses prepared to service the culturally diverse visitor?
In this session you will:
- Understand why tourism from China may increase and the potential it has for Manitoba’s tourism industry
- gain awareness of the culture, values, and service expectations of the culturally diverse visitor
- learn how to improve cross-cultural communication skills and overcome language barriers
- prepare your business for Chinese visitors and learn basic Chinese words
- greetings and other strategies to provide Service Excellence.
There is currently no scheduled dates available for this course.